This patch brings our newest hero to the Strife arena, Trixie! We also have a ton of changes to heroes, items, and bug fixes.
New Hero: Trixie
Trixie is a ranged hero who specializes in disrupting groups of enemies while dealing strong sustained magic damage. Trixie can quickly punish a group of enemies for clumping, as she possesses multiple area of effect spells. While Trixie’s spells pack a huge punch, they are mostly skillshots - so good positioning is key! Now that many of the core roles in Strife have been filled, Trixie is being added as a hero with more complex, interesting, and unique mechanics.
Click here to see her hero page!
New Gear Sets - Queen Bee Tinder - Mage Moxie
- Heroes have been resized on the hero pick screen and karma screen to be closer to their in-game size
- New sounds now play when friends log into or out of Strife
- New options have been added to enable/disable friend login and logout sounds
- Players should now receive a game message when a player is terminated, indicating it is safe to leave and that their gold has been distributed amongst the team
- Players can now have up to 100 crafted items in a game, up from 25
- Redundancy removed from the post game reward screen
Art and Sound
- New sounds have been added when pets are selected
- Tweaked Tinder’s Face appearance
In general, these changes were aimed at making some of the less commonly used items more viable.
- Heal based on mana spent reduced to 40% from 50%
- Increased cast range to 650 from 600
- Reduced cost to 800 from 850
- No longer has a cast time.
- Increased cast range to 3500 from 3000
- Increased duration to 6 from 4 seconds
- Now plays an effect when seen
- Renamed to Rocket Boots with awesome fire effects
- No longer leaps over walls
- Recipe cost reduced to 1250 from 1400
- We want Spring Boots to be used more for aggression than for running away. Leaping over walls is used defensively more often than offensively. The lower cost will also allow the item to be picked up earlier for ganks. In addition, having a purchasable skill that goes over walls devalues hero leaps that go over walls. We realize this is a controversial change, but we firmly believe it is good for the game.
- Chance to proc increased to 25% from 20%
- Decreased damage to 45 from 50
- Reduced cost to 850 from 900
- Cast delay increased by half a second
- Upon arrival the hero now gains 80 move speed for 3 seconds
- Increased passive move speed to 85 from 75
- We want warp boots to be used more for ganks and response than for split pushing towers.
- Now passively gives 10 movespeed in addition to its previous effect
- Breath of the Oracles:
- Reduced cast time to 150ms from 250ms
- Zidek Charge:
- Increased cooldown to 16 seconds from 15 seconds
- Decreased stun duration to 0.8, 1.2, 1.6, 2.0 from 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, 2.0
- Ring of Fire:
- Ring width increased to 125 from 75
- Lowered Claudessa's starting health to 708, from 766
- Lowered Claudessa's max level health to 1435 from 1542
- Dragon's Reach:
- Slowed down slightly; harder to land the knock back
- Scorched Earth:
- Trail now lasts 3 seconds, from 4
- Splinter Shield:
- Fixed a bug that caused the shield to target enemies that are not visible
- Crystal Shot:
- Fixed a bug that caused purging the slow to also remove the armor reduction effect
- Sheol Calibur:
- Lifesteal decreased to 1.8, 2.2, 2.6, 3.0% from 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5%
- Sweeping Strikes:
- Increased the bonus damage multiplier for hitting the enemy within the critical region to 75% from 50%
- Increased the stun duration by 0.2 seconds at all levels
- Area now expands to its full size over 350ms, down from 500ms
- These changes were made to allow Hale to also use skill builds that do not prioritize “Sheol Calibur”. Overall, these changes should result in a net buff.
- Touch radius against heroes increased by 10
- Touch radius against creeps lowered by 10
- Z Zap:
- Reduced Range to 625 from 650
- Ball Lightning:
- Fixed a bug that caused yarnball to sometimes go 20% further than intended.
- Fixed several bugs in the new player experience
- The leaver ban timer should now update dynamically
- Fixed issues with quick casting when targeting the minimap
- Fixed some issues with DirectX 11
- Using Bo’s “Inner Rage” skill no longer reverts the hero to his default model
- Fixed an issue causing players in the intro campaign to be prompted for their name twice
- Fixed several crashes