Welcome to Open Beta! Check out our Open Beta Launch article for a recap of the Closed Beta and a thank you to our amazing community!
Accounts have been wiped. Players have been compensated with Seals, Elixir, and Gems based on games played in Closed Beta. Since this is planned as the final wipe, players that participated in the Closed Beta will also be receiving account icons based on their dedication levels, check them out here . They will also receive a quest to play 3 games and earn 100 Gems!
- New Features
- Introducing Prophecy of Darkstone: Prophecy of Darkstone is an episodic single player mini-adventure that will be expanded upon with time. The first episode, "Child of the Dawn", is available now for FREE! Completing this first mission will grant 240 Seals, 120 Elixir, and an account icon!
- Strife App: The Strife app has been released on the App Store and Google Play in North America and Europe! You can view heroes, pets, and skins. In addition, you may craft items and spin the wheel to gain free resources! Get it now !.
- Refer-A-Friend: Players now have the option to refer their friends for increased rewards! See details at the Refer a Friend page.
- New Player Guide: Check out our website, we've just added a New Player Guide to let you hit the ground running and step up your game!
- Race to 70: With the final planned reset of accounts, we are starting a contest to race to level 70! The first player to 70 will be flown out to the S2 Offices to hang out with the S2 crew.
- Curse Voice integration: We are happy to announce that you can now choose to Voice Chat with your friends via the Curse Voice client!
We know you guys are anxious for ranked play, we will be aiming to enable the feature when the playerbase reaches an average level conducive to being able to test the system properly.
- New Gear Set
- Rook: Dawnbringer Rook
- A new "Ultra" graphics setting has been added
Neutrals, Environment, and ObjectivesEdit
- Brawlers now deal 25% less damage to heroes.
We want the lane to be more aggressive and less focused around passive play and pushing. High brawler damage is disincentivizing this type of play.
- Hero kill bounties now scale 300-645 from levels 3-11, was 300-430 from levels 3-6
- Gold tick increased by ~12 gpm.
- Killing a generator now grants 1250 gold, down from 1500
These changes are aimed at reducing snowballing (because hero kill gold is adjusted based on gpm), increasing the overall amount of gold in a match, and lowering the relative impact of generators.
- Avalanche: Cooldown scaling to 18/16/14/12 seconds from 24/20/16/12
- Frostbite: Damage reduction to flat 35% from 25/30/35/40%
- Frostbite: Slow speed scales 15/20/25/30% from flat 20%
- Frostbite: Cooldown to 12 seconds from 14
- Zidek Charge: Should no longer hit targets behind Bastion.
- Bull Rush: Bonus damage from hitting wall to 50% from 75%
- Bull Rush: Stun from hitting wall to 0.8 seconds from 1 second
- Inner Rage: Damage reduction to 10% from 15%
- These changes are aimed at decreasing Bo's effectiveness in high-end play, while not affecting low-end play as much.
- Ring of Fire: Mana cost is now a flat 40, from 30/35/40/45
- Ring of Fire: Damage lowered to 25/35/45/55 from 30/40/50/60
- Ring of Fire: Duration lowered to 4 seconds, from 6 seconds
- Previously, we had buffed this skill. However, after seeing this skill used heavily for pushing lanes, we have decided that this skill needs to be toned back significantly.
- Dragon's Reach: Should no longer hit targets after the impact time.
- Sweeping Strikes: Cooldown is now reset when an enemy hero dies within 400 range.
- Golden Gate: Now provides a movespeed bonus to allies who walk through the gate.
- Freeze Ray: Cooldown is now reset when an enemy is killed by Freeze Ray
- Jailbreak: Mana cost reduced to 50 from 60
- Barrel Roll: Cooldown increased to 22/18/15/12 seconds from 22/16/12/9
- Barrel Roll: Mana cost increased to 70 from 60
- Aether Beam: Splash radius reduced to 150 from 250
- Aether Beam: Splash damage reduced to 25% from 40%
- Aether Beam: Range reduced to 1000 from 1200
- Aether Beam: Damage increased to 65/85/105/125 damage per second from 55/75/95/115
- Croaking Curse: Duration increased to 2/2.5/3 seconds from 1.75/2.25/2.75
- Croaking Curse: Now reduces targets' Magic Armor by 20/30/40 while hexed
- Previously, Trixie could play a little too safely. These changes are aimed at lowering how safely she can harass as well as her lane-pushing capability.
- Barrier Token
- Enchantment - Simplicity: Reduced cost to -400 from -300
- Berserker Mask
- Increased lifesteal percentage to 9% from 8%
- Blood Pendant
- Enchantment - Vampirism: Decreased cost to 160 from 195
- Captain's Crest
- No longer provides armor to allied brawlers
- Aura now provides 20% tower damage reduction to allied brawlers
- Aura magic armor increased to 20 from 15
- Enchants updated to buff existing properties (rather than armor)
- Enchantment - Focus: No longer costs 100 gold
- This change causes Captain's Crest to have zero impact on the enemy's capability to last hit and have zero pushing impact without hero involvement.
- Crushing Mace
- Enchantment - Vampirism: Decreased cost to 250 from 290
- Empowered Bracer
- Enchantment - Might: Decreased cost to 70 from 130
- Everwinter Charm
- Enchantment - Restraint: no longer removes the damage you deal. Cost increased to 250 from 50
- Giant's Visage
- Enchantment - Conversion: Renamed to "Might"
- Enchantment - Might: No longer removes armor. Cost increased to 330 from 40
- Healing Rod
- Enchantment - Generosity: Cost decreased to 100 from 200
- Mystic Dagger
- Enchantment - Combustion: Increased radius to 225 from 150
- Ranger's Vest
- Enchantment - Recovery: Decreased cost to 125 from 150
- Enchantment - Reflection: Decreased cost to 90 from 100
- Enchantment - Fortitude: Decreased cost to 35 from 50
- Reaper's Scythe
- Enchantment - Glory: Grants two charges instead of one when killing Cindara or Baldir.
- Runed Scepter
- Enchantment - Empowerment: Now shows charges and a timer after using a spell.
- Silver Buckler
- Enchantment - Recovery: Increased Health/sec to 1.5 from 1. Increased cost to 120 from 85
- Enchantment - Mana Draining: Decreased cost to 240 from 265
- Enchantment - Tenacity: Increased Slow Reduction to 20% from 10%. Increased price to 90 from 50
- Zealot's Blade
- Enchantment - Vampirism: Increased cost to 420 from 390
- Pets no longer occasionally appear through fog
- Blazer's Tether shot is now properly no longer classified as a disable
- Tether shot now properly shows numbers and triggers other skills properly
Previous Patch: Patch 0.2.50